Training dropped off a bit this week due to busy days at work, going on holiday and various events meaning that I couldn’t do as much cycling to and from work as I would otherwise have wanted – I managed just under 5 hours of training. But that’s alright – I’ve had a fantastic week! As I’m in New York and jet lagged, therefore lacking inspiration, here’s a few bullet points of what I got up to:
– a swim lesson for the first time in months. I had to bilateral breathe for the whole session which I have never done before, ooof it was tiring!
– a Monday evening talk on Women and Power, featuring the quite incredible Sylvia Ann Hewlett. And I say quite incredible because she was in equal parts hugely annoying and very inspiring.
– one yoga class where I almost managed to get my leg behind my head. On my way to being as bendy as a pretzel, yay.
– one Pilates class where the reverse curls left me feeling as if I had been shot in the abs. Why does Pilates hurt so much?!
– a trip to the cinema to see the new James Bond, Spectre. Good but not that good.
– a flight to New York!
– two early morning jetlagged Central Park runs – the first at 6.30am on a Saturday morning and the second shortly after 7am on Sunday morning. I couldn’t believe how busy the park was that early during the weekend, do New Yorkers not enjoy sleep?
– exploring the Metropolitan Museum and MOMA
Obviously there will be a blog post about New York coming at some point!!!